We prepare our shipped meals with the utmost care and attention. Our meals are made without preservatives, and we think it should stay that way! That’s why we utilize technology that lowers the atmospheric pressure in your meal container to prolong shelf life. Each meal is individually vacuum sealed and can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 14 days. Our meals are delivered fresh and never frozen, but can stay fresh for even longer in the freezer.
Frozen meals have come a long way in recent years, with more and more healthy options available on the market. Healthy frozen meals offer a convenient, affordable, and nutritious option for those looking to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. In this blog, we’ll discuss the benefits of healthy frozen meals and provide some tips for choosing the best options.
One of the main benefits of healthy frozen meals is convenience. Frozen meals are quick and easy to prepare, making them a great option for those with busy schedules or limited cooking skills. Additionally, frozen meals can be stored in the freezer for long periods of time, making it easy to stock up and have meals on hand whenever you need them.
Healthy frozen meals can also be an affordable option for those looking to eat healthy on a budget. While some frozen meals can be expensive, there are many affordable options available on the market. Additionally, buying frozen meals in bulk or on sale can help save money in the long run.
Healthy frozen meals are designed to provide a balanced meal that is rich in nutrients, including protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, many healthy frozen meals are made with whole, unprocessed ingredients, making them a healthier option than many pre-packaged meals and snacks.
Frozen meals offer a convenient way to control portion sizes and monitor calorie intake. Many frozen meals are pre-portioned and include calorie information, making it easy to track your intake and maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
Healthy frozen meals come in a variety of flavors and cuisines, making it easy to find meals that fit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Additionally, many frozen meal brands offer a range of options, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-carb meals.
Tips for Choosing Healthy Frozen Meals
- Read the Labels – When choosing a healthy frozen meal, be sure to read the labels carefully. Look for meals that are low in saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars. Additionally, look for meals that are high in protein and fiber.
- Check the Ingredients – Be sure to check the ingredients list for any added preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors. Look for meals made with whole, unprocessed ingredients.
- Avoid High-Calorie Meals – Some frozen meals can be high in calories, so be sure to check the calorie count before purchasing. Look for meals that are around 400-500 calories per serving.
- Watch the Sodium – Many frozen meals can be high in sodium, which can lead to bloating and other health issues. Look for meals that are low in sodium, or try to limit your intake of sodium in other areas of your diet.
- Consider the Serving Size – Be sure to check the serving size before purchasing a frozen meal. Some meals may appear to be a single serving, but actually contain multiple servings.
Easy and Healthy Frozen Meal Recipes
- Vegetable and Quinoa Stir Fry – Combine frozen vegetables and cooked quinoa in a pan with olive oil and soy sauce. Cook until heated through and serve.
- Turkey and Vegetable Chili – Combine cooked ground turkey, canned tomatoes, frozen vegetables, and spices in a pot. Let simmer until heated through and serve with a side of brown rice.
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo – Combine cooked chicken, frozen broccoli, and a jar of alfredo sauce in a pot. Let simmer until heated through and serve over whole-grain pasta.
- Veggie and Brown Rice Bowl – Combine cooked brown rice, frozen mixed vegetables, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds in a bowl. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce and enjoy.
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas – Combine cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, and spices in a bowl. Spoon the mixture onto tortillas and roll up. Place the enchiladas in a baking dish and cover with enchilada sauce. Bake in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
Healthy frozen meals offer a convenient, affordable, and nutritious option for those looking to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. With benefits such as convenience, affordability, nutrition, portion control, and variety, incorporating healthy frozen meals into your diet can help you stay on track with your health and wellness goals. When choosing healthy frozen meals, be sure to read the labels, check the ingredients, avoid high-calorie meals, watch the sodium, and consider the serving size. By incorporating recipes such as vegetable and quinoa stir fry, turkey and vegetable chili, chicken and broccoli alfredo, veggie and brown rice bowl, and sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, you can enjoy the benefits of healthy frozen meals and take control of your diet and health.