Vegetarian meal prep is a great way to ensure that you have healthy and nutritious meals ready to go throughout the week. By planning and prepping your meals in advance, you can save time, money, and energy while sticking to a vegetarian diet.
Our Meatless meals includes both vegetarian and vegan options with only the freshest fruits and vegetables, pure complex carbohydrates and plant-based proteins. A couple of the savory plant-based meals you might find on our menu include a Southwest Breakfast Burrito with Cilantro Scrambled Organic Tofu, Black Beans, Diced Tomatoes and Vegan Pepper Jack Cheese and Fresh Seasonal Fruit as well as one of our member favorites, Jackfruit Ropa Vieja with Sweet Plantains, Yucca Frita with Garlic Sauce, and Roasted Chayote.
Our vegetarian and vegan meals focus on plant-based proteins, grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and, moderate amounts of eggs and dairy. Vegetarians and vegans tend to have a lower BMI and eliminating meat has been shown to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Plant-based meals are also richer in essential vitamins and minerals while staying lower in saturated fats.
A vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is also one of the biggest ways to reduce your ecological footprint. The effects on the Earth are vast and range from aiding in water conservation to fighting pollution and combating global warming.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the benefits of vegetarian meal prep and provide some easy and delicious recipes to get you started.
Following a vegetarian diet has been linked to numerous health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Vegetarian meal prep can help you maintain a balanced and nutritious diet that is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Vegetarian meal prep can also be a cost-effective option. Plant-based proteins, such as beans, lentils, and tofu, are generally cheaper than animal proteins. Additionally, buying in bulk and preparing meals in advance can help you save money on your grocery bill.
Vegetarian meal prep offers a wide range of options when it comes to flavors and cuisines. From Mexican-inspired bowls to Mediterranean-style salads, there are countless delicious and healthy vegetarian recipes to choose from.
Vegetarian meal prep is also highly customizable. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, build muscle, or just maintain a healthy diet, you can tailor your meal prep to meet your specific goals and dietary needs.
Meal prep can be a time-consuming process, but it can also save you time in the long run. By preparing your meals in advance, you can avoid spending time cooking and cleaning up during the week. This time-saving benefit makes it easier to stick to a healthy and balanced diet, even when you’re short on time.
Easy Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes
- Chickpea and Quinoa Bowls – Cook quinoa and chickpeas in advance and store in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, top with diced vegetables, avocado, and a squeeze of lime.
- Lentil and Vegetable Curry – Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in a pot with olive oil. Add in lentils, diced vegetables, and curry powder. Let simmer until the lentils are tender and serve over brown rice.
- Black Bean Tacos – Saute black beans with garlic and cumin in a pan. Serve in corn tortillas with diced tomatoes, avocado, and a squeeze of lime.
- Greek Salad with Tofu – Combine diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese in a bowl. Top with grilled or sauteed tofu and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Vegan Chili – Combine cooked beans, canned tomatoes, and diced vegetables in a pot with chili powder and cumin. Let simmer until heated through and serve with a side of brown rice.
Tips for Vegetarian Meal Prep
- Plan Your Meals – Before you start meal prepping, plan out your meals for the week. This will help you determine how much food you need and what ingredients to buy.
- Cook in Bulk – Cook large batches of grains, beans, and vegetables in advance and store in the refrigerator or freezer. This will make it easier to assemble meals throughout the week.
- Use Different Cooking Methods – Mix up your meal prep by using different cooking methods, such as roasting, grilling, or sauteing.
- Stock Up on Spices – Spices can add flavor and variety to vegetarian meals. Stock up on a variety of spices and experiment with different combinations to keep things interesting.
- Keep it Simple – Vegetarian meal prep doesn’t have to be complicated. Simple meals, such as grain bowls and salads, can be both nutritious and delicious.
Vegetarian meal prep offers a convenient, cost-effective, and customizable way to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. With benefits such as improved health, cost savings, variety, customization, and time-saving, vegetarian meal prep is a great option for those looking to eat more plant-based meals. When planning your vegetarian meal prep, be sure to plan your meals, cook in bulk, use different cooking methods, stock up on spices, and keep it simple.
By incorporating recipes such as chickpea and quinoa bowls, lentil and vegetable curry, black bean tacos, Greek salad with tofu, and vegan chili, you can enjoy the benefits of vegetarian meal prep and take control of your diet and health.
Our chefs develop new plant-based menus each week so your meatless delivery never has to stay the same. Each week, you’ll get to choose from a wide selection of options to customize your meal plan. If there is something you’d like to exclude, such as spices, mushrooms or nuts, it’s easy to customize that too.