Can you believe it’s 2018?! If you’re like us, you’re still thinking that 1990 was only 10 years ago (yikes!) but here we are taking our first steps into the New Year. It’s not uncommon to write up your list of resolutions and goals, and we think goals are great! As everyone is jotting down the weight they want to lose this year, we’re suggesting goals that are more focused on what you can GAIN in 2018. So, here are our improvements on the most popular new year’s resolutions:
- Find a better job. A surprising number of adults have “find a better job” on the top of their resolutions list. In our opinion, it’s time to scratch the word “better” from your vocabulary. This year, find your passion.
- Save more money. How about in 2018, rather than being focused on saving money, focus instead on making memories. This doesn’t have to correlate with spending. In fact, it’s the idea that memories are being made around you all the time (you may just have to put your phone down to see them).
- Learn something new. We are constantly challenging ourselves to improve, but this year let’s strive for something more than just learning something new. We are challenging ourselves to help others to learn as well! Self improvement is excellent, but it can be so much more fun to learn with others. Find a study buddy and do it together or volunteer to drop some knowledge on a topic you’ve already mastered!
- Quit smoking. Actually we have no improvements on this one, this is a great resolution and we really think you should stick to it!
- Lose Weight. This is probably the most popular resolution around. Let’s be honest, we’ve all been there. Whether it be 5 lbs or 55 lbs, in 2018 don’t focus on what you need to lose, but on what you can GAIN. Gain more time with your family, gain patience, gain free time, gain all around wellness. Sure, weight loss can be a part of the goal but it shouldn’t be the only part of the goal.
We might not be able to help you accomplish all of your New Year resolutions, but we can definitely help tackle a few. If you’re looking for a healthier approach to life, we are serving up something delicious!