Halloween is all about candy and sugar – but we’re baking up something that won’t send you on a guilt trip. Our Spooky Tahini Cookies are nutty, festive, and just the right amount of sweet. Whip these up for this weekend’s Halloween party and see how fast they disappear!
Not familiar with Tahini? Now’s your chance to add this simple and diverse sesame paste to your baking/cooking wheelhouse! You can make your own tahini with this easy recipe, or you can find a jar of tahini at your local grocery store. For our Spooky Tahini Cookies, we used black sesame seeds in our tahini for optimal creepiness.
: 15 Minutes
: 13-15 Minutes
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup or 1 ½ Sticks of Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- ¾ Cup of Honey
- ¾ Cup Black Tahini
- Candy Eyes – You can find these in the baking section, or make your own with some chocolate!
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and honey in a large bowl until pale.
- Beat in tahini, then add dry ingredients in 2 batches – beating after each one until combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.
- Place on two baking sheets about 2” apart.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes and let cool. Cookies will firm as they cool.