The long awaited PSL is back, but have you heard? So is our CFIT Pumpkin Pie French Toast! We’ve decided to feed into your fall obsession and share one of our favorite festive recipes with you. Our Pumpkin Pie French Toast, complemented with cranberry compote, makes for the perfect balance of sweet, comforting and good for you.
Grab yourself some whole grain bread, your fall themed apron and some pumpkin – because we’re getting you into the kitchen! Yes, we know, we’re usually trying to get you out of there but it’s Pumpkin season! How can you resist?
: 15 mins
: 20 min
- For the French Toast – 4 Slices Multi-Grain Bread
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Butter-to cook
- For the Pumpkin Filling – 1/2 Can Pumpkin Puree (or 8oz)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Tsp Allspice
- 1 Tbs Honey
- For the Cranberry Compote – 1 Cup Unsweetened Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- CRANBERRY COMPOTE – In a saucepan on medium heat, add the unsweetened whole berry cranberry sauce and pure maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and heat until until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- FRENCH TOAST – In a 10 inch or 12 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Combine pumpkin puree, unsweetened apple sauce, pumpkin pie spice, allspice and honey in a medium bowl.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on two slices of bread. You want the filling to be about ½ inch thick. Top each pumpkin slice with a plain piece of bread to form a sandwich.
- Whisk together eggs, cinnamon, milk and vanilla.
- Dip each ‘sandwich’ into the egg mixture covering both sides.
- Place in your buttered pan and cook on each side until golden brown. Cut each one in half, top with cranberry compote and enjoy!